The SemanticEdge NL UI Platform for Smart TV and Smart Home connects state-of-the-art language technologies with media content and IoT ecosystems to allow a natural language interaction with TV sets and other devices in the Smart Home.
The open NL UI platform is designed to allow a flexible integration into existing TV platforms and IoT ecosystems.
The key benefits are:
- True natural language user interactions (not just keywords)
- Flexible integration with existing TV and IoT platforms
- Embedded and cloud-based deployment scenarios are supported
The characteristics of the NL UI Platform are:
- Component based, highly scalable, distributable multitier architecture
- State-of-the-Art speech and language technologies: speech-to-text, text-to-speech, natural-language understanding, knowledge representation, natural-language-generation
- Standardized, documented API that allows for easy integration into existing TV platforms and IoT environments
- Supported IoT technologies: KNX, Zig-Bee, Z-Wave, HomeMatic, EnOcean
- Elaborate metadata handling
- Independence of speech recognition and text-to-speech provider
- Efficient tool supporting development, testing, monitoring, user feedback tracking and localization